Unknown
I've noticed some subtle changes since I started this journey. I've noticed that the tastes and smells of plant based foods are really coming alive like never before! Some vegetables that have been strong and/or bitter to me in the past have a much sweeter and more pleasant flavor to them! Even fruits that I've always loved have a new, more powerful flavor! I had an orange today and the flavor really seemed to explode in my mouth, I've never tasted an orange that was so delicious!

Alicia Silverstone said that would happen in The Kind Diet ...I just didn't expect it so soon since I'm still eating some meats! Though it does make me wonder how much more sweet and flavorful fruits and vegetables will become after I've given up meats altogether!! That really ought to be some experience!

I didn't get a chance to go shopping yet for those new recipes. I was very busy on Sunday with Mother's Day and had a wonderful day. I had a great morning at church and spent the rest of the day with my son, husband, mom and in-laws. I ran out of time to go shopping so I will try to get that done early this week!

If I got the frozen ground turkey out of freezer soon enough today then I will be able to use the last of that tonight! It really is amazing how much room is now in the freezer with so much meat being gone!

I found some GREAT links today!

GoVeg.com - great info for making the switch to veg!

PETA's Vegetarian Starter Kit - another great site for making the switch!

VegCooking: Making the Transition - another one!

Vegetarianrecipe.us - great vegetarian recipes, by the same people from veganrecipe.us which I linked to in my last post!

VegFamily - another link to living the veg life!
1 Response
  1. Melissa Says:

    Lucky you!! I had a cold and then a sinus infection for the past two weeks so it is really hard to smell and taste anything! I can't wait for it to go away so I can actually begin enjoying all the foods I am making instead of relying on my husband to tell me if its good or bad.


Post a Comment