Unknown
My goal for this week was originally to try some new veggie recipes but that goal has been altered. I did not sit down and make a shopping list of the ingredients needed for the recipes of my choice. The weekend got away from me but I'm not going to let that happen again!

I'm really beginning to see that I am going to need to be especially organized otherwise nothing will happen! My goal for this week is get organized so that I can achieve my bigger goals soon!

Over the weekend I ate out a lot and I'm beginning to see how eating out is also going to take a lot of organization and planning in order to be successful as vegetarian. Thankfully so far my goal is to 'flirt' with vegetarianism, to take baby steps.

I did eat more meat than I wanted, but less than I normally would have and I was also very much aware of that fact. Also I did avoid all pork products which I have decided to give up completely. It was a temptation, I had forgotten how much I used to enjoy Hawaiian pizza!

So overall I feel that it was a good weekend and the positives outweigh the negatives! I'm making progress, baby steps as they may be! I know that if I went cold-turkey (pardon the expression!) I would have a much more difficult time and my chances of success would be a lot lower.

It's going to be a work in progress learning to make new meals, cook with new foods while at the same time eliminating some foods that I am very used to cooking with.

Although I didn't do anything to try new recipes this week I am making some good steps in another direction. I bought some things to make with the two pounds of ground turkey that we have in the freezer. I'm going to finish that stuff up over the week and then be done with that and not replace it. Also there are some other chicken products that we have managed to finish and I have not replaced those either! Even the one that made my mouth water (and my arteries clog!)

Small victories, the path to success! :)
2 Responses
  1. Melissa Says:

    At least you are trying at all!!!!! Good Job Mama!


  2. Being organized is a major step to eating healthier, no matter what diet plan you are following. Writing out my menu for the week, complete with shopping list of every ingredient I need to pick up, is the only way I can stay on track. And I also agree with baby steps. That helped me so much when I found out our family had food allergies. I found out first, and changed my diet, and because of that it was much easier to adjust when my children got tested. Good luck! New habits take time to become set in our routines, and so many life situations can derail our best intentions. Don't give up!


Post a Comment